cannot create "Hello World" (1st KDE app)

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Thu Jun 3 17:25:44 BST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 16:15, =?iso-8859-1?Q? Gerd=20K=F6nig ?= wrote:
> Hello Tarjei,
>
> I tried your suggestions and removed the entry from
> /etc/ld.so.conf.

Just to make sure: I assume you reran /sbin/ldconfig afterwards to
reflect the canges?

Anyhow, I think it's time to go back to basics here. Let's forget about
the Qt build you have in /opt for the moment, and try to make a simple
project with the Qt that comes with Suse.

Try to just start KDevelop, create a new KDE project, then run automake
etc. and try to make the template build. Does that work? If not I would
assume your install/environment is broken in some way.

Regards,
--
Tarjei