cannot create "Hello World" (1st KDE app)

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Wed Jun 2 17:22:34 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 20:31, =?iso-8859-1?Q? Gerd=20K=F6nig ?= wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm very new to KDevelop and also to this list, and I wanted to start with a predefined
> "Hello World" Project.
> I've choosen the simple KDE project and wanted to build this.
> The configure-script aborts with the message that the qt-mt library could not be found:
> "checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt) not
> found. Please check your installation!"

Damn, forgot one tip. Before you do any of the other stuff I wrote,
first check this:

In you project directory, there's a folder called "admin". Open the file
called acinclude.m4.in in that folder and find the section that starts
with:

AC_DEFUN(KDE_USE_QT,

Just a bit down from there you'll (possibly) see something like:

  kde_qtver=3
  kde_qtsubver=2

Try changing the line kde_qtsubver=2 to kde_qtsubver=3
This tells configure that you're using Qt 3.3 instead of Qt 3.2 and may
be all that is needed.

After editing this file, you need to rerun "Run automake & friends" from
the Build menu in KDevelop. (or just type "make -f
admin/Makefile.common" in a shell from your project directory).

Regards,
--
Tarjei