How to create a project from binary sources

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Thu Jul 15 20:10:24 BST 2004

On Thursday 15 July 2004 14:28, Jose Sanchez wrote:
> Bernd Pol wrote:
> >On Thursday 15 July 2004 04:45, Jose Sanchez wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I was wondering if someone has an idea or if this is possible.  We
> >>are working with a program called player which is used for
> >> networking robots.  For this program to run with our robots we had
> >> to write drivers and incorporate them in their sources.  However,
> >> since no one in our lab is familiar with automake and autoconf we
> >> wrote our files with Kdevelop and then we always have to compile
> >> from the terminal window by invoking make and them make install.
> >> I was wondering if it is possible to create a project out of the
> >> sources so that we can include directly our files there and
> >> compile directly from kdevelop.
> >
> >Did you try to import your files as custom project?
> >Project -> Import Project, then select a suiting (Custom Makefiles)
> > from the Project Type drop down.
> >
> >Bernd
>
> Yes, I tried, it seems to import it.  However when I try to compile
> it looks for a file named "makefile.cvs"  which I don't have and it
> can't do anything.

I see. Obviously you have set up the project as automake and thus be
bound to the automake machinery.
As a last resort: Set up a short dummy using your make system, import
that into KDevelop as custom project and then include your project
files in it. That way KDevelop will never try to use Makefile.cvs etc.

Bernd
--
Never trust a running program but always worship its makers.