Linking libraries in a specific order

Bettina Ball bball at cae-gmbh.de
Thu Jan 29 10:42:20 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 14:30, Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 11:56, Bettina Ball wrote:
> >    I have a KDevelop 2.1.3 project that consists of several
> > subdirectories (built as static libraries) and one program.
> > Because of some interdependencies I have to link those static
> > libs in a specific order. How can I achieve this with KDevelop?
>
> <snip>
>
> There's no easy way out unfortunately, but here's how:

Well, after trying to figure this out for the last couple of days,
your solution is much easier than I hoped it would be. ;-)

> 1. Open the .kdevprj file for your project in an editor (make sure
> the project is not open in KDevelop - your changes will be
> overwritten in that case). Find the [General] section and then find
> the makefiles= entry. Order all the Makefile.am's for your
> subdirectories in the correct linking order.
>
> 2. Open up configure.in in an editor. At the bottom of this file,
> make sure you have the same ordering of makefiles as above.
>
> 3. Open up your project in KDevelop, do a "Update all Makefile.am"
> (right click on the root item in the Files view), run
> automake/autoconf + configure and you should be all set.

I had played around with those two files, but apparently not
simultaneously or I forgot to update the makefiles or whatever.
Anyway, it now works as I want it to. Thank you very much!

Ciao,

   Bettina Ball

--
Bettina Ball
Core Software & Land, CAE Elektronik GmbH