Linking libraries in a specific order

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Wed Jan 28 13:30:25 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 11:56, Bettina Ball wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I have a KDevelop 2.1.3 project that consists of several
> subdirectories (built as static libraries) and one program. Because
> of some interdependencies I have to link those static libs in a
> specific order. How can I achieve this with KDevelop?

<snip>

There's no easy way out unfortunately, but here's how:

1. Open the .kdevprj file for your project in an editor (make sure the
project is not open in KDevelop - your changes will be overwritten in
that case). Find the [General] section and then find the makefiles=
entry. Order all the Makefile.am's for your subdirectories in the
correct linking order.

2. Open up configure.in in an editor. At the bottom of this file, make
sure you have the same ordering of makefiles as above.

3. Open up your project in KDevelop, do a "Update all Makefile.am"
(right click on the root item in the Files view), run automake/autoconf
+ configure and you should be all set.

4. If you didn't get the dependencies right and your project still
doesn't link, goto 1 :)

Cheers,
--
Tarjei