Debugging problem and solution

Claudiu ANGHEL claudiu.anghel at skynet.be
Sun Jan 11 23:23:38 GMT 2004

Hi,
I had sometime ago a problem with debugging and I solved setting
Project->Project options->Debugger->Debugger shell to an empty string.
Now I have a project which requires some shared libraries and output
generated code is no longer an executable but a script which runs
.lib/lt_network (network is my program name).
GDB complains that does not recognize the executable format, setting the
libtool as "Debugger shell" give the old error :

/bin/sh -c /home/claudiu/network/debug/libtool gdb
/home/claudiu/network/debug/src/network -fullname -nx -quiet
(gdb) set edit off
(gdb) set confirm off
Excess command line arguments ignored. ("-nx" ...)
GNU gdb 5.3
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux"...
"/home/claudiu/network/debug/src/.libs/lt-network": No such file or
directory.

/home/claudiu/network/"-fullname": No such file or directory.

(gdb)
(gdb)

Meanwhile I solved the problem but I still send the mail maybe will help
you or somebody will give me a better solution.

SOLUTION:
Set the Project->Project options->Debugger->Debugger shell to an empty
string.
If the program needs shared libraries
Set the Project->Project Options->Run Options->Main program to
src/.libs/lt-network (change network with your executable name)
And is working. If not stop kdevelop and start it again maybe, maybe.
Configuration KDE 3.1.4, Suse 8.2

Regards,
Claudiu