installing CVS-Head

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Dec 13 23:39:47 GMT 2004

On 13.Dec 2004 - 23:48:38, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Monday 13 December 2004 23:31, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > looks like installing CVS-Head version of kdevelop3 is not as easy as
> > I thought. Because of space problems, I want to install kdevelop under
> > $HOME/kdevelop_head, which makes no problems during configure (using
> > --prefix=$HOME/kdevelop_head) and make or make install. I then did:
> >
> > export KDEDIRS=$HOME/kdevelop_head
> > kbuildsycoca
> > kdevelop_head/bin/kdevelop
> >
> > and kdevelop showed a message, that it could not find its various
> > componnets and I should check if I did the above thing. After that I
> > added the lib-subdir of kdevelop_head to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but still no
> > success.
> >
>  export KDEDIRS=$HOME/kdevelop_head;$KDEDIR

Hmm, I had another look at the message-window and it clearly says:

export KDEDIRS=$HOME/kdevelop_head:$KDEDIRS && kbuildsycoca

so this is an error in kdevelop. The configure script prints the
correct export line:

export KDEDIRS=/home/andreas/kdevelop_head:/usr (KDEDIR is /usr,
running Debian)

Now kdevelop starts, but I cannot do anything with it. I cannot create
a new project, I cannot load old projects. It tells me that it cannot
find it's C++ support, even though I see various kdevcpp libs in the
lib subdirectory of kdevelop_head.

Andreas

--
You have the capacity to learn from mistakes.  You'll learn a lot today.