saving 'view profile' / status of subversion support

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Wed Aug 11 04:16:28 BST 2004

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 21.55, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if there is a possibility to save the layout of
> kdevelop, I have the classbrowser on the left, opened, in the middle
> the editor part, and on the right the bookmarks view. However, when I
> close the project, and reopen it, this layout is lost. Is there an
> option to save this layout and have it automatically applied, when
> reopening the project?

This is partly implemented in the upcoming KDevelop-3.1. Toolview position
should be restored properly, but toolview width and open/close status will
not.

> And another one: I'd like to know about the status of subversion
> support. I see a couple of subversion related options, which all raise
> the error 'Unable to create io-slave: klauncher said: Unknown protocol
> "svn+http".' I use subversion via svnserve (no apache involved though),
> in case that makes a difference.

The KDevelop subversion plugin depends on kio_svn, an unreleased subversion
ioslave that afaik only is available through KDE CVS (kdenonbeta module).
What's more the plugin isn't finished and those who has used it reports it
being of limited use. Hopefully this will change in the future.

> Kudos to everyone working on and supporting kdevelop, BTW. It's a great
> tool and I enjoy working with it.

Cool :)

jd