classbrowser and autocompletion issues

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Mon Aug 9 13:21:28 BST 2004

On Friday 06 August 2004 17.40, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am using kdevelop for some time now, but there are 2 things that annoy
> me:
>
> 1) Everytime I go through the first column of my document, a menu shows
> up with autocompletion options. Since I don't use them, I'd like to get
> rid of them. I could not yet  find out how to disable
> this  "feature". Here's an example for that menu, to clarify what I
> mean: http://vizzzion.org/~sebas/tmp/kdev1.png

I seriously doubt this is a feature. It looks like a bug to me. Might even be
reported, I seem to remember someone mentioning this before.

> 2) I am missing the classbrowser for php projects in the left part of
> the gui. Though everything shows up correctly in the drop down menu at
> the top, I don't understand why that classbrowser does not show my
> classes and stuff on the left. (The python classbrowser does work
> correctly, so does the php classbrowser on my other computer.) Here's
> an example: http://vizzzion.org/~sebas/tmp/kdev2.png

Not sure exactly how you mean here, but don't get too attached to the (buggy)
three-combo classbrowser - it's gone in 3.1 (and replaced by a lighter one
that actually works) :)

> If anyone could help me out with, that would make my work less painful.
> (Certainly since it's much too hot to work right now. ;-))

Indeed... :)

jd