errror when compiling Gideon

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Sun Sep 28 12:10:57 BST 2003

On Sunday 28 September 2003 06:16, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I reinstalled Kdevelop today and I get this error :
> What does this mean ?
>
> usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
> index.docbook:1: validity error: Element acronym is not declared in
> trademark list of possible children
> available in binary form from many differnt &Linux; distributions such
> as &SuSE
>
>   Thanks.

Hi,

this refers to the user manual documentation in the index.docbook file.
meinproc translates this into a series of html files.
I checked it again. No error messages here.
There are several possible sources of error. Most probably the DocBook DTD
definition file on your system is outdated. You may check this in Kate (with
the Kate XML Validation plugin activated): Load index.docbook and select
Tools->Validate XML.
If errors remain, could you please update the index.docbook file to the latest
version from CVS and try again.
If it still refuses to run, check the meinproc version. Mine is 1.26.2.1 of
2002/12/05. Very old versions may not interpret some XML commands correctly.

There are a number of possible sites you may check for more info:
http://developer.kde.org/
http://i18n.kde.org/
http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/docbook.shtml

Bernd