Source file sharing between projects

Mickael Faivre-Macon mickael at easyplay.com.tw
Fri Sep 19 18:35:55 BST 2003

Hi,

I come from the Windows programming world where the source file of a
project can be shared between projects. You put your classes in a
directory and when you include them in a project, they stay in the
directory they are in. When including files in a KDevelop project, the
files are copied to the project directory. I find that very annoying
since a utility class can be used in a lot of project and when you make
a change in the class you have to copy the newer version to all your
project dir to have the latest version of you class available.

Why is it like that ? What can I gain over my old habits by adopting
this Linux way of doing things ?

Mickael.