Adding man pages to C projects

Frank Aune faune at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Sep 3 18:02:57 BST 2003

Hello,

Ive just started using KDevelop 3.0 alpha 5, and I have created a basic CL
C-program. Im very satisfied with the automake setup, which automatically
preps a dist file for me with 'make dist'

However I cant find out how to add a man page to the project, and let alone
hack the Makefiles to install one. (Actually I did manage to hack it to
install the man file, but once I do make -f Makefile.cvs all changes are
lost)

On the project root, I got these folders for the man page - as per instructed
by Kdevelop:

man/man8/foo.man

(Kdevelop suggested man3, but for my CL program I should use man8). Can
someone guide me through the neccesary steps?

In advance, thank you very much.

-Frank