Gideon and Clearcase

celine.tourlet at c-s.fr celine.tourlet at c-s.fr
Fri Oct 17 16:36:07 BST 2003

Hello,
The development project I'm working for has just upgraded to Gideon (alpha
7). We decided this upgrade to take advantage of Clearcase integration, tool
that we are required to use.

The good news is that the Clearcase actions do appear in pop menu when
editing a source file.

The bad news is that we still have continuous error messages "le processus
traitant le protocole file s'est arrêté de façon inattendue" which could be
translated as "the process handling protocol file has ended unexpectedly".
We basically cannot browse any directory when opening a file or project -:(
We use to have the same problem with Kdevelop 2.5.
It seems that Gideon does not understand the Clearcase "file system" (MVFS).
Of course, this happens only when running Gideon from a shell where a
Clearcase view has been previously set.

Another thing: do Clearcase menu items call scripts for Check-in, Check-out
... ? If so, is it possible to customize these scripts?

It bet that there are other Gideon + Clearcase users out there...

Celine