Running individual source codes...

Matthias Bach cyberpunx at gmx.net
Sat Nov 29 10:20:37 GMT 2003

Hi!

Am Samstag, 29. November 2003 09:25 schrieb WiggTekMicro Corp:
> I just figured out that I am not able to run individually written source
> pages while inside the of a project.  [..]

This is not a solution to your problem, but a similar one. Is it possible to
declare multiple main-Methods inside one Project (using KDevelop 2.1.5). In
my experience gcc will still compile the sources, but KDevlop tries to link
everything into one programm and ends in the following error:

/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -Wnon-virtual-dtor
-Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings
-ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -O2 -O0 -g3
-Wall -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -o kdeveloptestproject testApp.o main.o
main.o(.text+0x0): In function `main':
/home/marix/informatik/test/kdeveloptestproject/kdeveloptestproject/
main.cpp:28: multiple definition of `main'
testApp.o(.text+0x0):/home/marix/informatik/test/kdeveloptestproject/
kdeveloptestproject/testApp.cpp:28: first defined here

I don't even know if something like this is thought of to be done in KDevlop
(it is possible in Eclipse) or if I just missed the way to do it. If it
hasn't been implemented could somebody point me direction on how to do it?

> [...] When I am under the other.cpp tab, hence
> working within that window, I should be able to click on <execute> from
> the <build> window-menu and then it should run that individual code,
> right????  [...]

Sorry, Ole,  as this was not a solution to your problem, but I think this
would solve your problem, too. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

regards
Matthias
--
Matthias Bach