[NEWBIE] specifying alternative compiler

David D phrm75 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 21:06:00 GMT 2003

Hello.
It seems to be a very simple question, but several
hours of googling gave no results, so please forgive
me if the answer is obvious.
I have updated my linux box from redhat7.3 to fedora.
The former distro came with gcc2.96, while the latter
comes with gcc3. The problem is that I have lots of
programs written with gcc2.96 that do not compile now.
Since I don't have time to fix them, I kept teh
existant gcc and installed gcc2.96 as gcc2 and made
all the nessesary links from /usr/bin, but
unfortunately I can't see a way to convince kdevelop
use c++2 or cpp2 etc instead of c++ , cpp etc
respectively. How can this be done?
Thanks a lot, David