KDevelop 3 and KDE CVS Repository

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 02:36:43 GMT 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:25:50 +0200 (EET)
<cloudtemple at mksat.net> wrote:

> KDevelop project templates are the templates for standalone builds. If you work
> on kdenonbeta, it is a good idea to checkout kdenonbeta (you may do it with -l switch
> as well) and then import it to KDevelop. After that the only thing you must do is to
> create a subproject containing your application and a corresponding subproject with
> your documentation. This could have solved almost all your problems with the build
> system.
>
> For example, to work on Kugar (the part of KOffice) I do
> cd /develop/kde
> cvs co -l koffice
> cvs co koffice/doc
> cvs co koffice/libs
> cvs co koffice/mimetypes
> cvs co koffice/kugar
>
> The same way is to checkout all KOffice like:
> cd /develop/kde
> cvs co -l koffice
>
> Then I open KDevelop and import /develop/kde/koffice dir or simply
> /develop/kde/koffice/kugar.
>
> Let's imagine I need to add an application to KOffice, say myapp.
> Then I'd do:
> cd /develop/kde
> cvs co -l koffice		(or only necessary dirs)
> open KDevelop
> import /develop/kde/koffice dir
> go to automake manager and add subproject called "myapp"
> go to doc subproject and add a "myapp" subproject there
> then simply click build everything or only "myapp subproject"

One thing I'm wondering about this technique.  When you create the myapp
subproject in KDevelop, you are not given an opportunity to run the new
project wizard.  So you lose the benefit of having KDevelop set up the
project for you, which automatically creates the framework, as well as
README, INSTALL, ChangeLog, etc.  Is there a way to run the wizard on a
subproject?