Build problem with kde3.2b1

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Tue Nov 18 14:32:53 GMT 2003

On Monday 17 November 2003 12:20 pm, Tim Brodie wrote:
> I've built db-4.1.25 with the same prefix as $KDEDIR and installed
> it.  My intent is to build the current KDE release (including KDevelop)
> and all the dependant libraries under a specific user so as to
> not hurt my daily work userid.
>
> The build of db installed without error, and the header db.h is
> in $PREFIX/include ($PREFIX=$KDEDIR).

Maybe this code isn't compatible with db 4.1, or possibly you have some other
db (4.0) installed somewhere else.  If I recall correctly, db broke some
compatibility between 4.0 and 4.1.  Your best bet is to probably track down
Roberto (the author of the code) and see what he says -
kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org, or you might find him on irc.kde.org, #kdevelop.

Regards,
Caleb