creating an empty kernel module with kdevelop - error in compile

sting sting zstingx at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 9 13:34:32 GMT 2003

Hello ,
I am using kdevelop , and I tried to create a kernel module (in "C").

So I  went to "Create New Project" wizard, selected "C", and then seleted
"Linux kerne module",
I pressed Ok to all defaults;
it craeted one  *.c fle , which had appropriate init and exit methods;
when I tried to compile it , it gave the following error:

* /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2: #error Modules should never use
kernel-headers system headers,
* /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: #error but rather headers from an
appropriate kernel-source package.
* /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:3:2: #error Change
-I/usr/src/linux/include (or similar) to
* /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:4:2: #error -I/lib/modules/$(uname
-r)/build/include
* /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:5:2: #error to build against the
currently-running kernel.
Exited with status 2 .

Now , first I don't know where to change this path.
(There is no AUoMAke manager tab in such kind (kernel module) of a project)

Second, on this LInux, the path in  -I/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build/include
is the same as -I/usr/src/linux/include , so I am in doubt if it will change
anything.

What to do now ?
regards,
sting