User defined compile flags should have precedence over default flags...

Andreas Nicolai Andreas.Nicolai at gmx.net
Wed May 21 19:47:58 BST 2003

Hi there!

I don't know whether this is a bug or done on purpose, but my CXXFLAGS (either
for configure or set in automake) are always appearing BEFORE the build in
flags (created by configure and/or automake/autoconf).

This creates a special problem: Since there is no such "Use exceptions"
settings any longer in Gideon, and my own -fexceptions flag is ruled out by a
following -fno-exceptions, I cannot compiler programs with exceptions any
longer.

Is there a workaround for this problem or what do I have to do?

Bye - Andreas