Howto create static or shared lib with GIdeon ( a4 + ) II

Serge Lussier lusse at videotron.ca
Tue May 6 15:12:03 BST 2003

Hi there, ( my english is bad )

I 've already asked about how to create subfolders that holds sources files
for a static library under the current project, so I repost-re-ask the
question:

The below situation is for real -

I am trying to use gideon to make a plain C++ project:
The project is a C++ wrapper (static library) for the ncurses API
and  the lib source code is under the namespace "nc".

Thus, the project itself will run a test program (main.cpp) but
while using this program I need to build the effective library - let say
libnco.a. this target, as in Kdevelop2.x, was really easy to setup because
I just had  to add a subfolder ( [...]/nc/nc/nco ) with all the lib source
code in that subdir. KDevelop2.x setup the .am files to build the effective
"libnco.a".

How is this possible with GIdeon ???
I tried every ways with the use of the "automake" panel with all the way I
thought being the right way to do it . Each time I wipeout then restart the
project then try another way, I screwup the project (.am files ).
The best I get is this, while gideon runs auto* tools:
"error: nco is not a valid standard library name"
... uh ??

I tried to load gideon project in gideon itself, but no clue since the setup
for the parts, libs  are ...already done ...

I need guide lines on how to do it in gideon. I am too much used with
KDevelop2.x.
My knowledges of gmake and friends are "0" - zero - nothing...
Please don't replay with answers like: "Use the automake panel GUI tools. It
is very easy and straitforward."

Thanks
Serge Lussier