The C/C++ Reference is not installed....

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Mon Mar 24 22:23:34 GMT 2003

I've been trying to get the C/C++ documentation working with KDevelop 2.1.5
(Using KDE 3.1.0) from SuSE RPMs. The C/C++ documentation page keeps showing
the nasty message below.  I attempted to follow the instructions but did not
have any success in getting the documenation to display.  Is there something
wrong with this feature?

STH

ERROR MESSAGE:
The C/C++ Reference is not installed.  Please get the package
"c_cpp_reference-1.0.tar.gz" from one of KDevelop's ftp mirrors. For a list
of those web sites look at:

www.kdevelop.org

 Do these steps to install the reference:

If you have got an already installed old version of KDevelop, it is
recommented to remove (as root) a probably earlier installed reference that
is not working correctly. You can find those 2 sub-directories C and
CPLUSPLUS in share/doc/HTML/your-language/kdevelop/reference of the global
KDE directory and in the appropriate English sub-directory. Delete both ones.
Now extract the new downloaded file with: "tar xvzf
c_cpp_reference-1.0.tar.gz"
Go to the new created directory: "cd c_cpp_reference-1.0"
Now make the package ready for installation: "./configure; make"
Install the package (as root): "make install"
Restart KDevelop