Gideon and subprojects

Mirko Leschikar m.leschikar at web.de
Wed Mar 19 02:50:06 GMT 2003

Hi,
Am Mittwoch, 19. März 2003 01:50 schrieb Harald Fernengel:
> can you guys try CVS HEAD? There have been a few fixes to the auto* stuff.
That's what I did a couple of hours ago, but I haven't tested my stuff with
this yet.

> I'm sorry if this sounds lame, but I suggest reading the automake docs for
> multiple target support. KDevelop only features a frontend for the auto*
> tools, it is much easier to understand if you know a bit about auto*
> philosophy :) Besides, CVS HEAD features the possibility to download the
> automake book and add it directly to the doc manager :)
No, it doesn't sound lame. I already spent some time with automake, but some
things are so "weird" there (from a beginners point of view) that you are
thankful for a frontend like an IDE. And I also wanted to follow the warning
"kdevelop will overwrite this part!!!", so I was very cowed and didn't dare
to edit Makefile.am manually ;-D.

Greetings
Mirko
--