Trouble compiling KDevelop

Weston M. Price weston_p at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 18:15:17 BST 2003

Sigh, I realize that.....in fact, as the thread clearly states, the problem I
am having is that the CONFIGURE script fails. I would not have been able to
get to this point without having run make -f Makefile.cvs. What I am saying
is that when I try and CONFIGURE kdevelop from cvsup configure fails because
it can't find BerkeleyDB. Nothing I do seems to be able to prevent this: not
putting BerkeleyDB in my path, soft links, using --with-extra-includes....
Nothing...

However, when I pull down the tarball this is not a problem....in fact
everything goes well. In fact, the tarball configure script does not seem to
even check for BerkeleyDB.

I don't understand the discrepancy and I why I would be having so much trouble
with and not the other.

Weston