Trouble compiling KDevelop

Weston M. Price weston_p at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 23:52:53 BST 2003

Hello,
	I am new to this list (just joined) so if this has been answered in a
directly on point.

	I use cvsup to pull down a variety of kde modules (kdebase, kdelibs etc) as
well as the current kdevelop tree. When trying to configure kdevelop I get
the following error regarding BerkeleyDB:

checking for Berkeley DB >= 3... configure: error: no - please install
Berkeley DB >= 3

I have BerkeleyDB 4.1 installed in /usr/local/BerkeleyDBXX. The include and
lib paths are in my global search path, but that does not seem to help. I
also have tried running the configure script with the --with-extra-includes=/
usr/local/BerkleyDBXXX/include --with-extra-libs=/usr/local/BerkeleyDBXXX/
lib/ but to no avail.

Is there some sort of enviroment variable that I am missing to get this to
work properly? ./configure --help doesn't seem to explicity reference this
dependency. This would seem to be a fairly trivial matter, perhaps I am brain
dead?? Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Again:

KDE 3.1.X (via cvsup)
QT (qt-copy)
GCC 3.2.3