Preventing Editor Text Change ?

Sven Bergner bergner at Fh-Worms.de
Mon Jul 21 11:44:20 BST 2003

Hi Pete,

On 21 Jul 2003, Peter Moscatt wrote:

> I am reasonably new to programming with KDEvelop and Qt.
>
> One annoying thing I have noticed is that if I create a dialog for
> example, using Qt then add various pieces of code to it in an effort to
> customising the way you want the dialog to react using the KDEvelop
> editir I find from time to time it says the code has been modified and
> ends up changing the code back to what it was originally.
>
> The result is that you loose all the effort you have done to customise
> it.

I hope I understand you correctly.
As far as I understand you, you are modifying the autocreated code, that
was created by the Qt-Designer.
As mentioned in the comment at the beginning of the source code this files
will be changed the next time you change something in the designer.

> How do I prevent this from happening ?  Or do I have to learn to program
> outside the header and source to customise the dialog ?

You should inherit a subclass of the dialog class and implement your
functionality there. Then this won't happen again.
The uic has some commandline functions to create such a inherited subclass
skeleton.
Hope this helps.

> Pete

Greetings,