Control Centre Module Installation Problem

Agron agron at 7kosova.com
Sat Jul 19 00:41:23 BST 2003

Më datën 18 July, 2003 08:49, Amit Upadhyay tha:
> kbuildsycoca might help!
>
> Amit Upadhyay
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Agron wrote:
>
> ~ Hi folks,
> ~
> ~ I can not see my module in the KDE Control Centre. Using gideon alpha4
> and ~ Control Centre Module template I created a simple ui and built the
> project ~ successfully. I also 'make install'ed it. But I don't see it.
> ~
> ~ Note: I am using Mandrake 9.1
> ~
> ~ Installation created the following:
> ~
> ~ file:/usr/share/applnk/Settings/k4f/k4f.desktop
> ~ file:/usr/lib/kde3/kcm_k4f.la
> ~ file:/usr/lib/kde3/kcm_k4f.so
> ~
> ~ Typing 'kcmshell k4f ' gives me :
> ~
> ~ [agron at shqip agron]$ kcmshell k4f
> ~ kcontrol: ERROR: Module k4f not found!
> ~ QMutex::unlock: unlock from different thread than locker
> ~                 was locked by 0, unlock attempt from 16384
> ~
> ~
> ~ Also, I expected to see the spellchecking module under Accessibility
> after ~ issuing:
> ~ mv /usr/share/applnk/Settings/Components/spellchecking.desktop
> ~ /usr/share/applnk/Settings/Accessibility
> ~
> ~ The spellchecking module stil appears under components.
> ~
> ~ The file:/usr/share/applnk/Settings/k4f/k4f.desktop contains
> ~
> ~ [Desktop Entry]
> ~ Encoding=UTF-8
> ~ Comment=k4f - a kcontrol module
> ~ Exec=kcmshell k4f
> ~ Keywords=k4f,k4f
> ~ Name=The k4f applet
> ~ Terminal=false
> ~ Type=Application
> ~ X-KDE-FactoryName=k4f
> ~ X-KDE-Library=k4f
> ~ X-KDE-ModuleType=Library
> ~ X-KDE-ParentApp=kcontrol
> ~
> ~
> ~ -
> ~ to unsubscribe from this list send an email to
> kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: ~ unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«
> ~

No kbuildsycoca does not help. It is reporting an error.

Warning: kbuildsycoca is unable to register with DCOP.
kbuildsycoca running...
Property 'X-KDevelop-Language' is defined multiple times
(KDevelop/LanguageSupport)

The spellchecking module stil appears under components.

- --
Verify this digital signiture at http://www.mandrakesecure.net/cks/
Generate your own digital signiture with http://www.gnupg.org/
My email account does not receive messages without GNUPG signature. Best spam
killer so far.