Control Centre Module Installation Problem

Amit Upadhyay upadhyay at me.iitb.ac.in
Fri Jul 18 13:49:14 BST 2003

kbuildsycoca might help!

Amit Upadhyay
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Agron wrote:

~ Hi folks,
~
~ I can not see my module in the KDE Control Centre. Using gideon alpha4 and
~ Control Centre Module template I created a simple ui and built the project
~ successfully. I also 'make install'ed it. But I don't see it.
~
~ Note: I am using Mandrake 9.1
~
~ Installation created the following:
~
~ file:/usr/share/applnk/Settings/k4f/k4f.desktop
~ file:/usr/lib/kde3/kcm_k4f.la
~ file:/usr/lib/kde3/kcm_k4f.so
~
~ Typing 'kcmshell k4f ' gives me :
~
~ [agron at shqip agron]$ kcmshell k4f
~ kcontrol: ERROR: Module k4f not found!
~ QMutex::unlock: unlock from different thread than locker
~                 was locked by 0, unlock attempt from 16384
~
~
~ Also, I expected to see the spellchecking module under Accessibility after
~ issuing:
~ mv /usr/share/applnk/Settings/Components/spellchecking.desktop
~ /usr/share/applnk/Settings/Accessibility
~
~ The spellchecking module stil appears under components.
~
~ The file:/usr/share/applnk/Settings/k4f/k4f.desktop contains
~
~ [Desktop Entry]
~ Encoding=UTF-8
~ Comment=k4f - a kcontrol module