New to linux

Varchas Ramila Subrahmanya rsvarcha at cedt.iisc.ernet.in
Tue Jul 15 12:46:06 BST 2003

Hello all,
            Thank you very much for the help and advice. I would also like to reply to some of the questions.
I have already developed a complete VOIP software on Windows platform that was coded using VC++ and C++ language. Now I want the client application to be developed on linux.
I actually went thro' the INSTALL file and I did the same but I got many errors. First was when I tried to configure it said autoconf version was only 1.4 and that binary required autoconf1.6. And one other try was when I typed "tar -xjf kdevelop ...XXX.tar.bz2" but after that even that failed.
Now I could install the Kdevelop using the debian site. But I am not able to compile any program .. .it says "sgml2html is missing" .. "cannot make" .. etc ..
Am really wondering that Windows people have made a real good work in terms of installing since I do not need to download so many packages from different sources. KDevelop has a QT SDI and MDI but when I select that it says "No QT libraries found" ...
Maybe since I am new I still do not know the structure of how to download programs and run ...
Thanks
Regards
Varchas R S