JPEG Libs

wulf at ping.net.au wulf at ping.net.au
Wed Jan 29 12:49:10 GMT 2003

> Hi
>
> Not sure why I did a search for the *.la and not the *.a library file but the
> libjpeg.a is in the same place, /usr/lib/, but I am still getting the same
> errors about not finding the reference to the function.
>
> > Image.o: In function `DecodeJPG(jpeg_decompress_struct*, tImage*)':
> > Image.o(.text+0x782): undefined reference to
> > `jpeg_read_header(jpeg_decompress_struct*, int)'
>
> Is there anything that I may be missing or miss done ?
>
> Thanks for the help
> Ian
>
> Hello,
>
> Please not that nowhere in my email I was talking about libjpeg.la.
> You need libjpeg.a not .la
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Marek Januszewski
>
> > Hi thanks for the replies,
> >
> > I have got libjpeg.la installed in the /usr/lib directory
> >
> > [ian at localhost ian]$ locate libjpeg.la
> > /usr/lib/libjpeg.la
> >
> > And I have added the line into the make file
> > $(TARGET):    Main.o Init.o Camera.o Quake3Bsp.o Image.o
> >       $(CC) -o $(TARGET) Main.o Init.o Camera.o Quake3Bsp.o Image.o
> `sdl-config
> > --libs` -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL -lGLU -lm -L/usr/lib -ljpeg
> >
> > But I still get the error (at the bottom of the email, same as before)
> >
> > Or have I done this wrong ?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Ian

AFAIK, libjpeg does not come with the standard NetBSD installation but is
part of the NetBSD Package Collection and can be found in pkgsrc/graphics/jpeg,
of which jpeg_read_header is part thereof - see below.

husky# nm /usr/pkg/lib/libjpeg.a | grep jpeg_read_header
00000320 T jpeg_read_header

I only can assume that your libjpeg library was installed manually and is
missing certain features. Try installing libjpeg from the package collection
should get you a step further.

cheerio Berndt