JPEG Libs

Ian Porter ian.porter3 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 28 21:15:45 GMT 2003

Hi

Not sure why I did a search for the *.la and not the *.a library file but the
libjpeg.a is in the same place, /usr/lib/, but I am still getting the same
errors about not finding the reference to the function.

> Image.o: In function `DecodeJPG(jpeg_decompress_struct*, tImage*)':
> Image.o(.text+0x782): undefined reference to
> `jpeg_read_header(jpeg_decompress_struct*, int)'

Is there anything that I may be missing or miss done ?

Thanks for the help
Ian

Hello,

Please not that nowhere in my email I was talking about libjpeg.la.
You need libjpeg.a not .la

--
Best regards,
Marek Januszewski

> Hi thanks for the replies,
>
> I have got libjpeg.la installed in the /usr/lib directory
>
> [ian at localhost ian]$ locate libjpeg.la
> /usr/lib/libjpeg.la
>
> And I have added the line into the make file
> $(TARGET):    Main.o Init.o Camera.o Quake3Bsp.o Image.o
>       $(CC) -o $(TARGET) Main.o Init.o Camera.o Quake3Bsp.o Image.o
`sdl-config
> --libs` -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL -lGLU -lm -L/usr/lib -ljpeg
>
> But I still get the error (at the bottom of the email, same as before)
>
> Or have I done this wrong ?
>
> Cheers
> Ian

unsubscribe ťyour-email-addressŀ