KDevelop Setup and Makefiles with Gideon

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Fri Jan 3 13:07:31 GMT 2003

Sorry the attachment didn't come through.  I also had intended to send it
directly to you, but my webmail client.

> In trying to sort out why I haven't been to build a simple project with
> KDevelop I have looked for a manual for 2.99.  I find a manual for 1.1
> at kdevelop.org and I find no manual as a part of my gideon
> installation.  I appreciate open source very much and I am not
> complaining - only desribing my present situation.

There is a KDevelop manual that ships with Gideon; it's through the
KHelpCenter, but it is listed under KDevelop 3.0.  The best way to find it
is after starting the KHelpCenter, select "Applications", then "Development"
and it should be listed.  Depending on what package you have
(alpha1,alpha2,or cvs) will depend on how (in)complete it is.  You can also
view it through the web site (I'm trying to keep it all synced) at
http://www.kdevelop.org/test/doc/manual/

> I had KDevelop Setup when I had 2.1.4 which the manual refers to when
> describing how the App wizard gets a makefile but my installation of
> gideon has no KDevelop Setup or Gideon Setup that I can find.  If it is
> Configure Gideon under Options I don't see where to set the makefile.

Settings->Configure Gideon

> Now after a little playing around with a couple of simple projects one
> of which was converted by kdevprj2pdevelop gideon won't close after
> being opened from the KDE menu.

This was a bug until about 3 days ago.  I fixed it in CVS.

> Also thanks for any clues as to why I can't post directly to this list
> and can post by replying to a post I have receiving from the listserver.
>   I have always made sure the messages were sent from the subscribed
> address.  I have also gotten no response from the list owner even though
> s/he may be away.

That I am not sure about.  One of the list maintainers will have to help you
with that one.

> I am running Gideon 2.99 from Ralf Nolden on KDE 3.1.0 (RC5) on Debian
> Sarge/Sid.

Ralf will be packaging a new Gideon up for us hopefully by Monday.  Keep
your eye out, as a ton of bugs have been fixed.