Dual link library option

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Sun Feb 16 12:21:15 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Friday 14 February 2003 10:28, you wrote:
> I'm doing a project that can be linked with Coin or OpenInventor. I have
> installed Coin, and in the linker options part of my project I put a
>
> -lCoin ....
>
> but, how I can tell to the project that link with Coin or Inventor?
>
> thank's in advance.

that's a bit more complicated... You need to write a macro that checks for
Coin and for OpenInventor and set a variable if one of them was found.

You can find examples for macros in kdevelop HEAD CVS, check the
kdevelop.m4.in file. The last check there checks for Qt >= 3.0.5 and sets the
QEDITOR_SUBDIR accordingly. Then you add that macro to configure.in.in so
that it will be executed in the configure script. After that you can use the
variable defined in AC_SUBST (in this case, QEDITOR_SUBDIR) in Makefile.am,
check parts/Makefile.am for an example.

I know that it is tricky, you can find more background information on the
auto* tools on www.andamooka.org.

Good luck,
Harry