A "stupid" build problem (stupid for me ;)

Cory M Hicks cmhicks at datasym.com
Wed Dec 10 14:34:21 GMT 2003

> The usual problem is you have berkeleyDB but not the berkeley devel package.
> Under suse the is db and db-devel.
> This also applies to the KDE packages, I just keep installing -devel packages
> till ./configure stops complaining.
>
> I feel more information about this could be added to the installation
> instructions on the web page. Although I do understand it is somewhat distro
> dependent.

I think it would be helpful if the build message was changed from:
checking for Berkeley DB >= 3... configure: error: no - please install
Berkeley DB >= 3

to:
checking for Berkeley Db >= 3.. configure: error: no - please install
Berkeley DB >= 3 and Berkeley DB -devel

That way people could figure out what the issue is from the build
messages.

Cory