A "stupid" build problem (stupid for me ;)

david stevenson david at avoncliff.com
Wed Dec 10 14:06:15 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 12:54 pm, ObiGuan wrote:
> Hi, i'm tryinig to build the latest snapshot from the web, only to probe
> it, but during configure I receive the following error:
>
> checking for Berkeley DB >= 3... configure: error: no - please install
> Berkeley DB >= 3

The usual problem is you have berkeleyDB but not the berkeley devel package.
Under suse the is db and db-devel.
This also applies to the KDE packages, I just keep installing -devel packages
till ./configure stops complaining.

I feel more information about this could be added to the installation
instructions on the web page. Although I do understand it is somewhat distro
dependent.
David