Code completion in Kdevelop 3.0.0b1 ?

Christopher DeGuise cdeguise at oscillisoft.com
Sun Dec 7 20:23:30 GMT 2003

I actually found this FAQ in the documentation for the class that supports C++
in the IDE.  The link is
"http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdevelop/html/classCppSupportPart.html"
you will find it half way down.

The text of the FAQ is :

-------------
F.A.Q.:
How can I have documentation on functions when using codecompletion ?

Create the xml-output with Doxygen of the files you want to add to the
classstore
Create the new PCS-database with r++. Now you have to use the -d command line
switch of r++ to have it include the documentation. It is used like
-d/path/of/doxygen/xml/output (notice that there is _no_ whitespace between
-d and the path!). You can use it multiple times to have r++ search for the
informations in different directories. r++ -d has to be used (like every
other commandline switch) before you write the directories you want r++ to
create the PCSdatabase from.
Activate your newly created Database in the Project->Project Options...->C++
Specific->Code Completion... .

How does this work ? I have no clue. Ask roberto! :)
How does r++ work ? I have no clue. Ask roberto! :)

Looks like this needs to be documented a little better.  With my email and the
FAQ, you should be able to piece it together.  If I have time, I will attempt
to create a template doxygen config file that is needed for this
documentation.

-Chris

--
-------