kdevelop & automake problem - again

jmorrow jmorrow at cypressdata.com
Mon Dec 1 15:26:02 GMT 2003

I am submitting this question again in the hope that someone can supply some help. There were no responses the first time.
---------------

Is there anyone who can help me with this problem with kdevelop?

I am running Red Hat Linux 9 and Kdevelop 2.1.5 (with KDE 3.1-10 R H).
The version of automake on the system is  1.6.3.
All of these systems are as Red Hat delivers them. I did not make any modifications.

I created a new C++ terminal  project under kdevelop. As kdevelop goes through the creation process it produces
the following error:

aclocalm4:3009 your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
aclocalm4:3009 old Automake version. You should recreate aclocal.m4
aclocalm4:3009 with aclocal and run automake again

and the build fails

I cang et around this problem by opening a separate console window and running aclocal (outside of kdevelop) in the project directory
Then I return to kdevelop and select the Build menu item and then the Autoconf & Automake option on the drop down menu.
After this I can run make and build the project.
However, each time I change something in the project (add a file to the project, change an option in the compiler, etc.)
I have to repeat these manual steps to get it to build properly.

How can I eliminate these manual steps?

J. Morrow
jmorrow at cypressdata.com