Use CVS outside kdevelop

Alex suy21 at lycos.es
Wed Apr 2 13:33:32 BST 2003

Hello.

I am developing using only kdevelop (BTW, a great program, that helped me a
lot). I started the project using cvs as a version control tool. During this
time, I never used cvs commands, or kdevelop cvs functionalities except "add
this file to repository" for the new source and header files I created.

But now, I have to use a remote cvs server as a repository :-(, and I'm
worried about what to do to not disturb kdevelop work. My project is still
small, so a good idea maybe will be doing that:

- Create a new kdevelop project, without version control system.
- Add and replace *.cpp and *.h files by the ones from my current project
(adding them to project, of course).
- Import to cvs repository my source files, plus kdevelop project files,
Makefile.am, configure.in, and other files needed by autotools (here is where
I am not sure about what files are needed).
- Check out to get a work copy of the project.

And that's all, isn't it? If I need to return back to an older version of the
project, I should close kdevelop, update the project, and open kdevelop
again.

Resuming:
1) What files should I keep under cvs management to work properly with
kdevelop?
2) Ther will be problems with cvs "expansion"? (I mean things like $ Id $,
etc.)

Any comments?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,