checking if UIC has KDE plugins available...HELP!!!

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Tue Apr 1 16:42:04 BST 2003

> This may be OBE, but a better error message would have saved me a
> considerable amount of time.  I'm not even sure what component is
> generating the message. I got it when I was trying to compile Gideon, and
> when I was trying to compile code created with kdevelop 2.5.1, even outside
> of kdevelop.  That makes me think it's a kde message not a kdevelop
> message.  I'd be happy to file a bug report if that would get a better
> error message in place.  I'd need to know where to direct such a reprot.

I agree that a better error message would be nice.  It's part of the kde build
system, so if you want to file a bug report through them feel free.  It's
unfortunate that it happens so often - it's usually the result of multiple
versions of Qt floating around and having libraries linked to the wrong ones.
The verbosity of the error could definitely be increased.

> This is the kind of thing that kills people like me.  I am always
> rebuilding, and reconfiguring my system.  Sometimes, well, a lot of times,
> my horse gets shot out from under me.  Sometimes I'm the one doing the
> shooting. :-/

Heh, welcome to the club.  Gentoo looks promising to help out with that
notion, however (not wanting to start a distro war).

Caleb