checking if UIC has KDE plugins available...HELP!!!

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Tue Apr 1 15:54:31 BST 2003

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 07:59 am, Caleb Tennis wrote:
> > That's a reasonable question.  I'll try forcing them and see what that
> > does. I'm still confused as to why it stopped working with the
> > /opt/kde3-cvs I have.  There must be something getting in the way. Hmmmm.
> > I'll go check the ld.so.conf as well.
>
> We get this question so often that I added it to the
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/developer-faq.html#q72 a few
> days ago.  You can check the mailing list archives for reports from other
> people who have experienced this as well.

This may be OBE, but a better error message would have saved me a considerable
amount of time.  I'm not even sure what component is generating the message.
I got it when I was trying to compile Gideon, and when I was trying to
compile code created with kdevelop 2.5.1, even outside of kdevelop.  That
makes me think it's a kde message not a kdevelop message.  I'd be happy to
file a bug report if that would get a better error message in place.  I'd
need to know where to direct such a reprot.

This is the kind of thing that kills people like me.  I am always rebuilding,
and reconfiguring my system.  Sometimes, well, a lot of times, my horse gets
shot out from under me.  Sometimes I'm the one doing the shooting. :-/
> Caleb

STH