Now it works and I don't know why!Re: checking if UIC has KDE plugins available...HELP!!!

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Tue Apr 1 12:27:12 BST 2003

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 05:15 am, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 April 2003 04:50 am, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> > A Dimarts 01 Abril 2003 11:29, Steven T. Hatton va escriure:
> > Do you have the kdelibs-devel installed?
> >
> > Regards
>
> Tue Apr 01 05:12:07:> rpm -qa | grep kdelib
> kdelibs3-cups-3.1.1-28
> kdelibs3-devel-3.1.1-28
> kdelibs3-devel-doc-3.1.1-28
> kdelibs3-3.1.1-28
>
> That's a reasonable question.  I'll try forcing them and see what that
> does. I'm still confused as to why it stopped working with the
> /opt/kde3-cvs I have.  There must be something getting in the way. Hmmmm.
> I'll go check the ld.so.conf as well.
>
> STH

I just got this to work.  I did mv $GIDEON_HOME $GIDEON_HOME/back, removed the
/opt/kde3 and /usr/lib/qt3 from my /etc/ld.so.conf, ran ld.so.config, set
QTDIR=/usr/local/qt (my 3.1.2 build) KDEDIR=/opt/kde3-cvs (my KDE 3.1.1+
build), recompiled and installed kdelibs form cvs, and it works.  I believe
the last step was the trick, but it could have been anything along the way.
This is not the first time I've had this happen, and I have yet to figure out
what causes it, and what makes it go away.

STH