Problems after adding CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS $USE_EXCEPTIONS"

Timo Kohlberger tkohlber at irisa.fr
Tue Sep 24 10:17:59 BST 2002

KDevelop 2.0
KDE 2.2-11

Hi,

since I need exceptions I've added the above line to configure.in right
after AC_CHECK_COMPILERS() as said in the FAQs.

Invoking make for Makefile.dist brought me this:

*** Creating acinclude.m4
!!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set
the
    environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
*** Creating list of subdirectories
cd . && make -f admin/Makefile.common subdirs
*** Creating configure.in
cd . && make -f admin/Makefile.common configure.in ;
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure

./aclocal.m4:2509: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion

acfunctions.m4:1108: AM_FUNC_OBSTACK is expanded from...
./aclocal.m4:2509: the top level
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
autoconf
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cvs'
Current working directory /udd/tkohlber/meteorological/prog/meteo2
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Obviously configure.in was overwritten. So should add I the line to
configure.in.in, but in my case configure.in.in only contains these two
lines:

#MIN_CONFIG
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(meteo2,0.1)

General Question: Is there a need for that amount and complexity of
configuration files coming along with a Kdevelop project? Although I'm
not an expert in autoconf, automake and configure it seems to be an
overkill. Maybe I'll change back to Emacs and DDD - or does someone know
a macro package for debugging under Emacs?

Sincerely
Timo