problem installation with Athlon XP

Bryan, Bill bill.bryan at eds.com
Fri Sep 6 22:08:28 BST 2002

I assume that this was the replacement of an entire PC or a motherboard
upgrade to an existing PC.  My guess would be that this is a IDE disk
drive.  Without much detail, my guess is that SUSE 7.1 does not support
your disk-drive controller.  First find out what the hard drive controller
is on your motherboard (  or at least the main chipset ) Then I would
suggest that you go to the suse web site and go to the hardware database
and search the database for your controller or the main chipset.