Red Hat 8.0 and KDE

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Tue Oct 29 23:51:44 GMT 2002

Harald Fernengel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>guys, we have so many developers here, can someone with Red Hat 8 please take
>a look at CMakeOutputWidget::processLine, add a few kdDebug() statements and
>see what's wrong? Sorry, I cannot reproduce it here on Debian, Red Hat 7.x
>and SuSE.

Yes, I saw the reason really is in CMakeOutputWidget::processLine. The
new Qt version is innocent. ;-)
The strings (and their translations) for "Entering dir..." and "Leaving
dir..." have changed in my new Linux distribution (SuSE-8.1). Although I
still have gmake 3.79.1.

Anyway, I fixed it for the German translation. Patch attached and
applied to cvs, already.
Please, anyone with another language than German (and where it doesn't
work either), send your versions of used strings of gmake! So we can fix
more such problems.

>On Monday 21 October 2002 22:33, you wrote:
>

>>>Any one out there cares to express there experiences using KDE, in
>>>

>>particular kedevelop under Red > Hat 8.0
>>The (KDevelop) C++ error parser doesn't work properly.  When there are
>>compilation errors
>>following a MAKE, clicking on the error text reports file not found.  You
>>can however use
>>the COMPILE command for each file that has errors to get the KDevelop to
>>place the cursor
>>at each offending line.  It's annoying but not a show stopper IMHO.
>>
>>Dave

Ciao
F at lk