kdevelop from CVS: fresh c++ project doesn't compile on suse8.1

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Wed Oct 23 07:51:40 BST 2002

Hi,

with kdevelop's recent CVS version (KDE_2_2_BRANCH) I cannot compile a fresh
C++ project. During project creation everything looks fine. If I want to
compile the hello world, I get this message:

gmake all-recursive
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/export/home/eva/test2'
cd . && \
/bin/sh /export/home/eva/test2/admin/missing --run automake-1.6 --foreign
./Makefile
cd . && perl admin/am_edit Makefile.in
cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status Makefile
config.status: error: invalid argument: Makefile
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/eva/test2'
gmake[1]: *** [Makefile] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** failed ***

After a new configure call it works fine.

Setup on suse 8.1:
gcc-3.2
autoconf-2.53
automake-1.6.3
libtool-1.4.2

Greetings,
eva

PS: The buildsystem setup is really a nightmare for kdevelop... my students in
a C/C++ course were not impressed at all. They actually asked for Visual
Studio :-((