Gideon File Group

Max listposter at machsim.com
Tue Oct 22 11:17:36 BST 2002

Hi,

I was very unhappy about how the files are grouped in KDevelop 2.x. It
wasn't possible to group files in a conceptual way. Normally when I am
working under VC++, I group my files according to concepts, e.g. GUI,
Rendering Engine, Util  etc. Currently only grouping by file names is
possible in KDevelop 2.x.
I am surprised to see that the technique isn't changed in Gideon. Is it
planned to change the file grouping ?

( Ideally, I should just start coding what I need , but I am warming up
with concepts of Gideon still. I wouldn't want to screw up things in
such a complex/big software, is there a UML diagram or a conceptual high
level description drawing of Gideon, which newcomers could study before
going into code directly )

Regards,

Max.