Red Hat 8.0 and KDE

Edward Wilson web2ed at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 03:06:12 BST 2002

--- Roland Krause <rokrau at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dont buy Redhat!
> I have a download version of Redhat-8 running here,
> it's still crap, it
> doesnt even half way match up with Mandrake-7.X.
>
> Plus, after what Redhat has done to KDE, I
> personally will not support
> them anymore in any form. If I have to use them I
> will get the download
> version and buy a copy of Mandrake or Suse instead.
>
> Roland

What have they done to KDE?  I'm speaking from
ignorance here, I'm still running RH 7.3.  I thought
they made KDE and Gnome more uniform but still allow
the user to reset both KDE and Gnome's defaults.  Is
this not true.  And can't the user easily goto KDE.org
and download KDE and install it?  I remember KDE being
difficult to download and install in the past, have
they made the full install an RPM yet, if not, shame
on them.  KDE shouldn't rely on any one distro to
propagate their builds, they should make available an
**easy** to use installer so that no matter what boxen
an end user may be on, they can easily get latest.

/ed