aclocal.m4 error (AppWizard) - KDevelop 2.1.2

Iosphere iosphere at sonic.net
Sun Oct 6 11:35:05 BST 2002

Good Day,

As I am new to KDevelop I am having trouble fixing an error I have
encountered. My enviornment is as such:

[installed from pre-compiled package]KDevelop 2.1.2 (Using KDE 3.0.2) on
NetBSD1.6/i386

When following the KDevelop Programming Handbook (included with my
distro), I run into errors from within the Application Wizard when
following "3. Creating New Applications" (output of error below). ||

In short, when it is creating aclocal.m4 it errors out. I've gone to the
FSF web site and read up on the "GNU Build System" hoping for some
clues, but no luck. I've search around for this specifically looking for
kdevelop and aclocal (and the build system - appwizard), yet again no luck.

Could anyone help? Point me in the right direction or give me some
clues... maybe some else and run into something similiar....?

Thanks for your time
~Ios Phere

---- Error Ouput from Application Wizard--------
changing files [kde2normal]...
Starting with configuration
creating configuration files...
 >make -f Makefile.dist
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution
*** Creating acinclude.m4
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating configure.in
cd . && make -f admin/Makefile.common configure.in ;
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /home/myusername/Development/kscribble