Feature requests/problems

Beaulieu, David david-beaulieu at idexx.com
Thu Oct 3 14:31:50 BST 2002

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Linux software development but have developed
applications on MS Windows for many years.  I've used KDevelop 2.1
for a couple of weeks now and so far I really like it.  There are a
couple things that I think could be added to make it an even better tool.
Please forgive me if I suggest something that already exists.

1.  When debugging it would be quite useful to be able to change the
course of execution with a command such as "Set next instruction" at
wherever line the cursor points.  If there is a way to do this already,
I must have missed it.

2.  In the debugger, you have a disassembly view but what about a mixed
source/assembly view in the source code area?

3.  The ability to change a value in the watch window.

4.  The ability to view/change a range of raw memory in various formats.

5.  The ability to view the CPU registers during debugging.

Some problems I've encountered:

1.  When I use Options|KDevelop setup... to change the key map, my changes
are not remembered between development sessions.

2.  I select "reload last project" but when KDevelop starts, no project
gets loaded.  The check box is still checked in the options.

3.  Occasionally, the program will hang when I start a make and I have
to kill it from the console.

I guess that's it.  Keep up the good work!

Dave