Thoughts about alpha2 release

Oliver Eichler oliver.eichler at gmx.de
Sat Nov 23 21:18:48 GMT 2002

Hi

Nice work. IDEAI seems to get my favourit UI for my labtop (without burning my
balls - if you know what I mean ;) )

However there are still some things to be solved to make me migrate from
kdevelop.

* The class browser still seems to be mediocre. If a method returns a user
defined type, like an enumeration, class, typedef - it fails. All those
methods appear as globals. A structure defined within a class seems to give
it the creeps. Members start to show up multiple with each 'save'.  Structs
are resolved badly in general.

* The CWD the app is executed in, is $HOME. Wouldn't it be better to make it
the project path? Especially the debugger would be happy.

And some stuff just related to my subjective opinion on UI's

* If I jump to a line of code I would expect it right in the middle of my
editor - not at the bottom.

* If I put focus back to the editor I would expect all tabbars to disappear.

Some minor stuff:

* The folding thingy is still buggy. The side bar stuff is not kept up-to-date
correctly. And the screen jumps when folding and unfolding. I guess the rule
is to keep the line of the folding mark +/- static.

That's it, sofar. Maybe I find some more. I guess that's what you want when
releasing alphas, isn't it. :)

Oliver