Gigeon on KDE2

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Tue Nov 19 20:08:52 GMT 2002

Gideon can only be run on KDE 3.x and later.  I think we may have it set up
require > 3.0.3, but that may be wrong.

> If I do need to upgrade to kde3, is there a simple rpm
> or a single tar'ed source file that I can download?

That'll be a major feat.  If you're using RPMS it will tell you the proper
dependencies.  KDE's download site as the kde rpms, but you'll probably need
a new: fam, glibc, libstdc++, gcc, etc.

> It appears that migrating from kde2=>kde3 requires
> downloading several (50+) separaterite files.  Is this
> right?

Yeah, because RH 8.0 uses gcc 3.2, so you have to upgrade a whole bunch of
stuff.  There may be RPMS for 7.3, but it will still require some upgrades.
The RPMS should tell you what dependencies you'll need.

Caleb